Tuesday 19 March 2024

Blog post #1: Top Five News Sources



Growing up in a world full of technology, it’s easy to access news sources with a simple touch of a button. In today’s society, you’re able to gain information from around the world in just a few seconds, which results in not all new sources being accurate or news sources only showing what they believe should be shown, which initially alters a person’s perspective. It’s important to have access to what is truthful and be able to view the sources you want to look at. Here are my five top new sources I currently use:






TikTok
My top news source that I gain the most information from is TikTok. I find myself on this app daily, whether it’s for entertainment or news updates. Although there are times when TikTok gives information that is false or misleading, I still find myself staying up-to-date with the current news through this app. In some cases, TikTok has helped solve crime-related issues, such as missing people. In 2021, TikTok helped bring attention from all over the world to the Gabby Petito case, which helped provide crucial information when solving the case. Another reason why the app is one of my top news sources is because the content that I view on my For You Page is tailored to my liking, and the news shared on TikTok is made to be understood by my generation. I enjoy how news sources on the app make sure to follow up on the stories instead of leaving the audience to do follow-up research.  



Apple News 

As one who owns most of the Apple products, Apple News is installed on all my devices, as well as those of others who own Apple products. Apple designed their iPhones, laptops, and iPads to show what they call "Top Stories", which deal with national and international news. Even when not accessing the app itself, you can still find the top news by going to your notification tab on your device and see what's currently going on for the day. In fact, I can't recall a time I opened the app because of how convenient the stories on my notification tab are. As of now, Apple News has helped notify me some of what's going on with election-related issues and what the Supreme court is doing.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Salisbury Post 

  The Salisbury Post is a great news outlet that I use when I'm home or to stay up-to-date on news that's happening back at home. This is a local source for me. Salisbury Post is a source I use most often when I need to do some quick research about something happening from home. When I was little and getting news papers was still a common thing, our news papers were actually from The Salisbury Post. I remember I would read out the comic section as well as the weather for the week to my family. This has become a news source that has proven to be trustworthy over the years and one I can always rely on. 
 



WBTV

Another great resource I use when i'm in need of local news is  WBTV, also referred to as "Channel 3". This is a regular news source of mine. My parents always have this channel on at home, as it's been one of their favorites for a long time. This source is great for me when I want to know about news specifically in North Carolina, as WBTV covers Charlotte and most all regions in North Carolina. It is also so familiar to me, that I remember most of the news anchors by name. When not looking at specific news, I use this source to look at the weather as well. WBTV is a trustworthy source that is not biased and shows local and national news. 





CNN

In seventh grade, I was introduced to CNN in my history class. We would watch CNN 10 every week. CNN covers any type of news you can think of, such as politics, travel, and food. I mainly use CNN if I need to find reliable information from news across the country or find myself researching things for school assignments. This source is interactive, as it includes pictures, graphs, fact checks, and analysis. Although I don't use this source as often as others, I like how CNN gives the reader or viewer visual aspects to look at instead of just a story. 




 





                                                                 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #12: Final Post

 Technology has been around since the nineteenth century... so a very long time! Everyday technology is improving and going through cycles o...